Due to the current weather conditions Dorset Police would like to warn members of the public not to travel unless absolutely necessary. This advice is intended for the next two hours. Officers have received a large number of reports of trees causing problems on the roads.
Advice to motorists:
- When visibility is reduced switch on your headlights
- Double the distance you leave between your car and the car in front of you, as stopping distances increase in wet weather
- Exercise caution when approaching standing water on the roads
- Consideration should be given to the depth of the water
- Do not take any risks driving through flood waters
- If motorists decide to drive through shallow water, they are asked to do so slowly and to be aware of the effect of waves on other road users