It has launched an online Global Happy Café with the aim of developing a fellowship of people from across the world interested in increasing their personal happiness, improving their mental health and wellbeing and discovering new practical ways to happier living following the coronavirus pandemic.
People from around the globe joined the first Zoom meeting at the beginning of July and heard Mark Williamson, CEO of Action for Happiness talk about the growing importance of the global happiness movement and the future of our society following the pandemic.
Other guest speakers lined up for future monthly meetings include BBC presenter Sian Williams talking about Resilience, Lord Richard Layard on Can We be Happier?, Sir Anthony Seldon on Finding Happiness, Positive Psychologist, Lesley Lyle on Positive Ageing and John Helliwell editor of the United Nations World Happiness Report.
Action for Happiness runs a free online course about their GREAT DREAM – the 10 keys to happier living – and there are a number of books and publications on the subject of happiness and wellbeing, including one on the 7 Mindsets. The idea comes from a study that looked at the happiest and most successful people in history and discovered what they had in common.
The 7 Mindsets are actions and attitudes that can change the course of a person’s life and are based on personal happiness, fulfilment and success regardless of gender, race, nationality, or socio-economic background. They appear to work for all those who incorporate them into their lives:
- Everything is Possible – think big, embrace creativity and expect positive results. We are all capable of living extraordinary lives, so understand that everything that exists was once an idea until someone believed it was possible and made it a reality.
- Passion First – pursue your talents and interests. We are all unique and have a set of individual capabilities and should focus on finding our unique talent and share it with the world.
- We Are Connected – consider your relationships. And understand that everyone who comes into our lives is there for a purpose and might just assist in helping us live our dreams.
- 100% Accountable – choose to be responsible for your own happiness and success. We are not victims of our past, the future is not predetermined and our life is what we choose it to be from now on.
- Attitude of Gratitude – seek positives from every experience and be thankful for all you have. We can choose to see the positives or the negatives in our life as the foundation on which to build. Choose the positives and we’re on our way toward success.
- Live to Give – inspire and serve others. To receive love and respect, we must first learn to give those things. This mindset teaches us to maximize our positive impact on the world, knowing that good things will be returned in kind.
- The Time is Now – harness the power of the moment and take purposeful action today.
We cannot change the past and the future hasn’t happened, so the only thing we can do is take action now in order to create the ultimate life we desire.
You can learn more about happier living by registering to attend the free online Global Happy Café meetings at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/global-happy-cafe-tickets-109796911518
Please share post:
Follow us on