Crime, Latest News | Posted: Thursday, May 14th, 2020 at 9:40 am | return to news

Green Lamborghini seized in London linked to Hampshire County Line investigation

The Met’s Specialist Crime Command swooped simultaneously on three addresses in the early hours of 12 May and carried out search warrants at Rigby Close, CR0, Derwent Road, SE20 and Scarbrook Road, CR0.

Green Lamborghini seized during London to Hampshire County Line investigation
Green Lamborghini seized during London to Hampshire County Line investigation

Specialist entry equipment was used to access the Rigby Road address as the entrance had been secured with metal bars.

A further warrant was carried out at a commercial premise in Beluah Road, CR7.

Five people were arrested as part of the warrants.

All five suspects were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to supply Class A drugs and were taken to a police station in Hampshire.

During searches of the addresses, officers seized three vehicles, two Mercedes and a green Lamborghini.

The warrants form part of a joint investigation by the MPS and Hampshire Constabulary into a County Line being run between London and Hampshire.

Advertisement

Dutton Gregory

Advertisement

Dutton Gregory

Acting Detective Chief Inspector Ant Jones, from the Specialist Crime Command, said, “Investigating and disrupting County Lines activity remains a priority for the Met. There is an inextricable link between the supply of drugs and the levels of violence we have seen being played out on our streets in recent months.

“Officers are continuing to carry out intelligence-led operations, even under the current public health crisis in order to dismantle and disrupt organised criminality and put those breaking the law behind bars.”

Chief Inspector Mark Lynch from Hampshire Constabulary said, “The threat from county lines drug dealing continues to present a significant risk to vulnerable children and adults living within Hampshire, despite the current COVID19 restrictions the country finds itself in. Please be reassured that despite the operational challenges the pandemic poses to us and other front line emergency services, tackling organised crime in all its various guises remains our core focus and operations to disrupt criminals who attempt to profit from drug dealing will continue. Not only will we prosecute those found responsible to the full extent of the law, but we will also seek to maximise every opportunity to strip them of their illicit gains.

“The sad reality is that vulnerable young people are often targeted, coerced with either threats or false promises of cash and designer possessions, when in reality those criminals regard those children as nothing more than a disposable asset, to be used and abused until they have no longer have any need for them. The added dimension of COVID-19 just presents yet another serious health risk to those youths and those that they associate with.

“By working effectively with the wider Hampshire & IOW partnerships, we seek not only to help those in need at this time, but also to stop and deter other children in the future becoming entangled in this emotive and horrific area of modern day criminality.”

Please share post:

Follow us on

Mags4Dorset | Follow us on Facebook
Mags4Dorset | Follow us on Twitter

for the latest Dorset News from Mags4Dorset

LATEST NEWS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Post comment