Louella Fletcher-Michie Bestival

Ceon Broughton
Ceon Broughton: jailed for manslaughter

Caption: Area damaged by fire and sand lizard on affected area at Upton Heath © Simon Cripps

Crime, Dorset News, Latest News, Purbeck, Top Story | Posted: Friday, March 1st, 2019 at 2:09 pm | return to news

Man jailed for manslaughter of Louella Fletcher-Michie at Bestival

A man has been jailed for eight and a half years for the manslaughter of Louella Fletcher-Michie for failing to get her the vital medical help she needed.

Ceon Broughton
Ceon Broughton: jailed for manslaughter

Caption: Ceon Broughton: jailed for manslaughter

Ceon Broughton, 30, from Enfield, London, watched his girlfriend’s condition deteriorate over a six-hour period in an area of restricted woodland off the Bestival site at Lulworth Castle in Dorset on Sunday 10 September 2017. She had taken a class A drug that Broughton has supplied to her while at the festival.

Convicted unanimously by a jury at Winchester Crown Court on 28 February 2019 of manslaughter by gross negligence, Broughton was also convicted of supplying the class A drug 2C-P to her. He had previously pleaded guilty to two counts of supplying 2C-P to Louella and another man at Glastonbury in June 2017.

2C-P is a psychedelic and hallucinogenic party drug that has been compared to a stimulant somewhere between ecstasy and LSD. 

Before Louella’s death Broughton made numerous video and audio recordings and took photos of Louella experiencing an extreme and distressing ‘trip’. Even though he had called her parents in London at her request, he failed to comply with their repeated requests to seek urgent medical help because he feared breaching a suspended jail sentence.

Tragically Louella was just 100 metres away from the edge of the festival site and 400 metres from the on-site hospital and welfare tent.
Broughton eventually approached security staff sometime after 11.24pm to inform them his girlfriend was having a bad trip. A search was carried out but this was unsuccessful.

At 12.28am on 11 September 2017 Louella’s parents arrived at the site and showed security staff a location using Google maps. Louella was reported as a missing person to Dorset Police at 12.59am. Tragically at 1.15am Louella’s body was located.

Broughton was sentenced at Winchester Crown Court on 1 March 2019.

When sentencing, judge Mr Justice Goose labelled Broughton’s actions as “selfish”, and said that due to being on a suspended sentence Broughton was more concerned for himself and avoiding being arrested than for saving Louella’s life.

Please share post:


Follow us on

Mags4Dorset | Follow us on Facebook
Mags4Dorset | Follow us on Twitter

for the latest Dorset News from Mags4Dorset


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Post comment