The New Forest Consultative Panel is seeking a new chairman to further develop and take the panel forward by championing, facilitating, and supporting its members to help enrich and protect the Forest.
This advisory forum comprising representatives from over 80 organisations with an interest in the New Forest National Park and adjacent areas, meets four times a year to discuss topical issues and provide views to the National Park Authority and other statutory bodies. It is considered as the main overall consultative body for the area.
Member organisations include:
- all parish, town, district and county councils within the New Forest National Park
- amenity, environmental and conservation organisations
- sporting and recreational organisations
- business and land management interests
- statutory bodies with responsibilities in the National Park.
The broad aim of the panel is to help ensure the conservation of the special qualities of the National Park and promote the understanding and enjoyment of these qualities with consideration to people’s diverse needs and uses. Since it was established, the panel has raised awareness and influenced decisions on many key issues and threats.
The successful applicant must be able to facilitate the work of the panel which is to:
- meet regularly to debate, in public, matters which concern the conservation, understanding and enjoyment of the New Forest National Park
- invite and listen to presentations and papers on issues which affect the conservation, understanding and enjoyment of the area
- act as a sounding board and key consultative body for the National Park Authority and the statutory bodies with responsibilities covering the National Park and surrounding areas
- take a proactive approach when considered necessary by the panel, in order to bring to the attention of the statutory bodies issues which the panel consider are of particular concern or urgency
- promote and maintain good two-way communication with its member organisations and the wider community.
The role is unpaid, and applicants should be prepared to allocate between one and two days per month.
Applicants are kindly requested to submit nominations for Chairman of the Panel to the Secretariat no later than Thursday 6 August 2020. Nominations can be received from both members and non-members of the panel.
Please ensure that the person you are nominating for the position of chair provides the Secretariat with a summary of why they are applying and what they could bring to the position. You may also submit a nomination on your own behalf.
If you would like any further information about the vacancy, please contact David Stone on 07842 639084. Please apply in writing to The Panel Secretariat, New Forest Consultative Panel, c/o New Forest National Park Authority, Lymington Town Hall, Avenue Road, Lymington, SO41 9ZG or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information and to view past agendas, minutes, the constitution and procedures of the New Forest Consultative Panel, visit https://www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/consultativepanel
Please share post:
Follow us on